- BJ Birdy (with a little help from the Taoists) emerged victorious in the first round of Home Run Derby's Mascot Brackets.
- There's a scientific reason for the Jays' suckiness. Bad luck.
- The BoSox left Toronto, haunted by the memories of Frank Thomas' home run stroke, Dustin McGowan's cheese, A.J.'s yakker, and Russ Adams' resurrection.
- Hum and Chuck was moved to the point of lyricism by Adams' late inning heroics.
- "You give that foul ball to the nice boy in the Yankees cap." "I HATE you, Mom."
- The Jays will reintroduce their powder blues. The news is so unbelievably good that the Drunk Jays Fans vaguely accuse us of malfeasance and shenanigans.
- The Greatest Trade Suggestion in the History of Sports Talk Radio: Tike Redman for Vernon Wells.
- Speaking of which, we can close the book on Vernon's season. And we're going to sell that book for ten cents at a yard sale, because we don't ever want to look at it again.
Friday, September 21, 2007
The Tao's Week that Was - Mascots, Sweeps and Powder Blues
Join us as we pull on our retro gear, and reminisce about the good times we had over the past seven days: