Monday, December 14, 2009

Hold on tightly....

It's only a matter of time now.

I'm going to hold off on my Halladay post-mortem until such time as I can truly collect myself & my thoughts to do the thing justice. Suffice to say, until the deal is finalized, I'll be a ball of nerves, hoping the excitement can overcome the waves of nausea. I'm only slightly exaggerating.

So until then, we can only speculate whom among Drabek, Happ, Aumont, Taylor, Brown, D'Arnaud, Saunders, Triunifel, etc will join the fold.

(But I'm guessing it'll likely be one of Drabek/Aumont, one of Taylor/Brown, and one of D'Arnaud/Triunifel. With maybe Saunders thrown into the mix.)

In the meantime, as far as up to the minute coverage goes, the DJF and MLBTR have got your refresh button covered.

Oh, boy.

8 comments:

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

Tonight we drink for Doc.

Jim Briggs said...

Already moving to my third pint.

Jim Briggs said...

BTW Ack, every time I read your posts I feel like you're speaking my mind. Keep up the good work. The Jays haven't made it easy to be this dedicated...

Twitchy said...

I'm sad that DOc is gone...

But if AA can pull out Drabek, Triunfel, and one of Brown/Taylor, than I'll feel pretty damn good about the future.

The Ack said...

Thanks Jim.

Yeah, I was going to bust out a coke, but I think I'll balance it with a little Crown. Seems apropos.

Random D-bag said...

At one point today, I read that the Jays are covering some of Doc's salary for next year. I find that a little irksome.

Drew said...

I'd bet the Jays are paying the 6 mil or so difference between Lee and Roy for 2010.

The cost of doing business y'all. Think of it as signing bonus money for the quasi-draft picks.

bkblades said...

I'll be sure to comeback so to gauge your reaction for Blue Jays land and fist pump accordingly as you capture my mood perfectly about this situation.