Monday, March 31, 2008

Where did the blue skies go? Why is it raining so?

Today's game is toast. Damp soggy toast.

This sucks. Now we're going to get home and have five hours of poker on the PVR.

They'll try it again tomorrow at 7:05, although the forecast for Tuesday doesn't look much better.

A deadline is a deadline, except when it's not
J.P. tells the AP that the Jays and Alex Rios' reps will press on for a few more days to lock up the right fielder. Meanwhile, ESPN's Buster Onley (via MLB Trade Rumors) reports that Aaron Hill's going to take his chances on arbitration this off season. Given the way that he's been raking, we don't blame him for betting on his own performance.

8 comments:

Darren Priest said...

You'll actually have the Royals - Tigers game.

Alex Gordon!

Colin said...

If you think that's bad then don't turn on your radio. McCown's on vacation, so we get *cringe* Toth and Kelley. Almost makes me wish I could be watching Jamie Campbell on TV, at least then there would be baseball.

Tao of Stieb said...

Thanks for the heads up about Toth and Kelley...the lethal combination of punnery and old fartitude might have sent us into a tizzy.

Colin said...

It's Toth (and probably Kelley) all week too. It's going to be a long week with o Primetime worth listening to.

Anonymous said...

Have you guys seen the new york times article where a mathematician, a S.C.Wang translates managerial numbers into facial characteristics, called Chernoff faces? It's pretty interesting, if not downright strange. Gibby isn't portrayed in the best of lights. Basically, the maximum values head looks something like the Aztec God of Fornication.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/01/science/01prof.html?ref=sports

Anonymous said...

I want to get surround sound for my PlayStation 3 and I was wondering if you have any recommendations on what I should get. When I check out best buy it all "theater systems". I just want surround sound, not a new blue rye DVD etc. I am also planning on what type of HD/LCD TV, what type should I get. (I play Call of Duty 5, games like that) Website links will and store names will help. Any help?

Anonymous said...

Sony Teases 3D Playstation 3 now, do you know that?

Anonymous said...

I've heard that the Playstation 3 systems that are now in production have no backwards compatibility with the original Playstation and Playstation 2 games. I've also heard you can install software to add backwards compatibility, and then I've heard others refute that statement. What is the real deal here?