Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Rock Out - Wilco's A Shot in the Arm


When something's got us in the dumps and we're flailing or floundering, this song always creeps into our head. It's just the perfect song about feeling down and trying to get back up. Given how often we find ourselves in that state of mind, it's no wonder that we love this song.

There's something about that line about needing "something in my veins, bloodier than blood". And given the way that the Boston series bummed us out, we could use a bit of something to inspire us right about now.

4 comments:

Darren Priest said...

Good song, but a decidedly "pants-on" selection. I dug into my iTunes and found this gem from a few years ago.

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

I must admit, I've never heard most of the tracks on the Friday Rockout. But, I like.

And chin up, Tao. Have some lunch. The Braves are 8-12 at home. The Jays are about to make that record even worse.

Tao of Stieb said...

Darren,

Anything that keeps your pants on is a good thing from where we're sitting.

Anonymous said...

How about some hip hop white boy?