Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Rock Out - Ack Edition

With the Tao taking leave earlier than usual this weekend (presumably to cook up an even larger batch of his crazy genius shit for your digestion next week), the now-popular Friday Rock Out segment has been left to your weekend correspondent.

Initially, I blanched at the idea of taking on the task, as, to be perfectly honest, I'm just not that cool when it comes to musical tastes and I could do nothing but drag down the collective IQ of the blog's readership with my own personalized stylings.

Then I realized....."Just who in the fuck do you think you're kidding, Ack....that's what you do around here, Friday Rock Out or not."

(And no, I don't really talk to myself. That was a nifty little technique that I like to call "Dramatic Effect." See how I did that?)

Song choice apropos of the Jays spot at the top of the division - and yes, Red Sox Nation, I will enjoy it will it lasts. Thanks so much for checking in.

13 comments:

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

Oh, and you the man, Senor Ack.

Stedron said...

Pearl Jam has just assured that I will make it to Toronto this year for a game. I have a hard time spending the money to travel for only one event, but now I'll get to catch the 8/22 and 8/23 games against the Angels. F yes!!!

The Ack said...

Win * 3 for Stedron.

peanut butter and Jaaaaaam.

(what?)

Anonymous said...

Check out AA New Hampshires starting pitchers stats. Marc Rzepczynski, Gonzalez, Perez, Castro, and Boone have some nice numbers so far.

-Neal (metro ny jays fan)

Stedron said...

Anybody seen a show at the Molson Ampitheatre before? Any insider info?

Jason Frasor said...

Molson Ampitheatre sucks. I've never been but I've heard. No atmosphere because it's so big.

Anonymous said...

Molson Ampitheatre is small and definitely not the most ideal spot for a concert but I've been to my fair share there. If you have the lawn seats then you will want to get there early to snag the front row. There aren't too many concession stands so it takes a good twenty minutes to get a beer. The roof only covers up to the 300 levels as well so expect to get wet if it rains. The jumbo screens aren't too big and the acoustics are a tad flat. But in the end, you're seeing Pearl Jam. They will be awesome anywhere!

The Ack said...

NY Neal, R-Zep (?lame?) is a guy who has always intrigued me as a darkhorse prospect - nice to see he is putting up strong numbers at AA.

The Ack said...

Personal preference, dude, but I can't argue.

I just wish there was a video for Nickels For Your Nightmares - Track 10 that I could have posted.

The Nation said...

The Nation is number one again! Thanks Blow Jays. A loss to the shitty lttle As(Oakland Assholes) and this is the beginning of the end for y'all. You guys are doing it with smoke and mirrors, because the Blow Jays are mediocre at best. With Arod comibg up, good luck in that NY Tankee series. Down go the Blow Jays go in 3! The Red Sox are too good not to win the division. We also have great pitching depth, so do the Tankees, and the Devil Rays squad.You have one great pitcher and a bunch of kids who have never pitched over 200 innings in one year! Wait till you play those three teams. Your Blow Jay season will be over.

blert said...

Spoken like a guy who started following baseball in 2004.

Brendan said...

Can't go wrong with the Headstones, Ack. Million Dollar Moment would have been good one for this team as well.

Anonymous said...

You rock, Ack!