General Thoughts on the Jays' 2-1 win:
- Dice-K's 4th inning meltdown was ugly, in a Rick Ankiel sort of way. If only the Jays had someone a little more fearsome than Jason Smith come up with the bases loaded. (Although to be fair to Smith, he has 3 RBIs in 20 ABs, one less than Thomas has in 47 ABs.)
- The Jays pitching looked fantastic tonight, with Gus Gus (6.2, 6H, 3Ks 0 BBs, 1 ER) looking as sharp as he has in a while, and Janssen and Frasor continue to look strong.
- Vernon was probably out at first, but we'll take it.
- Is it too early to be excited about the fact that the Jays leapfrogged the BoSox into first place with a win tonight?
- Danny Heatley can start scoring any time now. (Sorry, that was the other game we were trying to watch simultaneously).
Now if you'll excuse us, all this Dice-K talk has us craving a gyro.