We'd prefer not to put too much more thought into last night's game. We're not even going to repeat the score or the details, because such a thing will only help the thought to take purchase in the soil of our mind. And so, we forget.
In lieu of any day after gnashing of teeth, we offer up 10 brief and random notions on the season thus far. We do this also because since we been on the Twitter, we can no longer shape or develop any cogent argument in a paragraph. We can only hint at the possibility of one in 140 characters.
(All hail Twitter: The End of Thought, The Triumph of Whims!)
1. We'd given up on Casey Janssen, but he now looks like he could throw a pitch past someone if he needed to.
2. Randy Ruiz is a big dude, but he can run the bases with fury if he needs to.
3. We like seeing Adam Lind in the field. It reminds us that he's going to play there when the Jays make it to the World Series.
4. Overbay complained in '09 about not getting regular playing time. We hope he's enjoying his 2010 so far. We're not. So far.
5. Kevin Gregg just looks like a closer. Like a big, jarheaded nasty shut-the-door closer. And that appeals to some part of us.
6. Frasor is about eight inches shorter than Gregg, but still throws harder. It just doesn't seem that way.
7. Ruiz has now scored more runs than Aaron Hill. And not in the good way we might have imagined before the season.
8. Hamstring injuries scare the shit out of us. We remember the first time Vernon pulled up lame with one.
9. A sign that this might be more than a hot start: In addition to his improved swing, Vernon is letting pitches off the plate go for balls.
10. The 51s are 6-1 so far. And Brad Mills' line looks like this: 2-0, 0.79 ERA, 0.88 WHIP, 18 Ks, 1 BB.