So says the much maligned - and unfairly, I would add - Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi this week. I'd made a personal pledge to stop reading into every utterance from Jays management, but this is too easy. Ricciardi sounds frustrated - frustrated at the lack of direction he's been given, frustrated at the "payroll flexibility" mandate, and frustrated that the promising team he'd assembled has now gone straight to shit (how's that for grammar? FAIL). In short, he sounds like us.
He also sounds like a man with one foot out the door, whether by his own desire or someone else's. Evidently, he's not part of "The Plan" (TM). So whaddya got for us, Beeston? I sure hope it's a little more than offering up Ricciardi as a sacrificial lamb. Tell me there's more to it than that, Beest. Because unless you're simply aiming to please the typical asshat JaysTalk caller, that's not going to be enough.
Blogger seeks assistance in locating missing slugger
Has anyone seen Randy Ruiz? He can be described as follows:
- May or may not be a part of the 2010 Blue Jays baseball club. Insufficient evidence to evaluate at this time.
- Currently sporting an .878 OPS with 7 HR in 95 AB at the Major League Level.
- Portly, but in a fun way.
- Was the organization's AAA player of the year.
- Has only seen 8 at-bats in the last week.
- Ostensibly sits behind Jose Bautista and Kevin Millar on the depth chart.
If you have any information as to this man's whereabouts, please pass along any and all tips to Cito Gaston. Evidently, he can't find him either.