Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Programming Note

Unlike his hacky (see what I did there) weekend contributor, the thoughtful and eloquent Tao is holding off on expressing his thoughts and opinions on all matters Blue Jay until such time as he is able to formulate a clear and concise discussion on recent developments.

That, or he is feverishly working on the blog's direction and long-term strategy.

That, or he is just too damn busy to post until later in the week.

Regardless, our benefactor sends his sincerest apologies for his absence. Until such time as he returns, you're stuck with below replacement-level efforts from yours truly. More to come later.

Playoffs!

6 comments:

Ian Hunter said...

This reminds me of a couple months back when Ortiz was hit for steroid use and then said "I will comment later".

I fully expect there to be a Tao press conference in the coming days so we can hear about this blog's direction and long-term strategy.

Anonymous said...

I think we need some kind of advanced metric to track the Ack's performance in the mean time... I'm thinking something along the lines of "Posts Above Replacement"... although that would be PAR, and as true sports fans, we should take every step possible to distance ourselves from golf.

The Ack said...

You should expect very little.

Think Mike Redmond to the Tao's Joe Mauer.

I'm sorta swamped myself, but we'll see what we can get done.

Darren Priest said...

As far as I know, nobody at the Tao is a fan of TSN's Sports Reporters (and with good reason, I suppose -- why do they insist the three reporters open the show with the stiffest and most hideous smiles as they are introduced by Dave Hodge?) The show could be immediately improved with the replacement of Steve Simmons.

Anyways, one bright spot this week was Michael Farber's comment describing Beeston's hiring of himself as "O.J. searching for the real killers."

I chuckled at that.

Ian Hunter said...

Darren, I've only ever seen The Reporters once. It kind of makes you wonder why they bury it in the schedule on a Sunday morning. At least it sounds like they had at least ONE good line for the show this week.

Darren Priest said...

They also put in on immediately following the ESPN version, so it suffers from comparison and they often end up talking about the same things -- except no hockey on the ESPN version and no US college sports on the TSN version.

Speaking of the ESPN reporters, I really want to see Mitch Albom's ears in their full glory -- although I fear I could lose my sanity if I did.