Friday, February 20, 2009

A Dunedin moment with Lyle, Lexi and Millar

Millar: So I guess I take the lefties, and you'll take the righties, right?

Lyle: Well...not all the lefties.

Millar: It's okay dude. You'll still get lots of AB's.

Lyle: But you'll play the outfield sometimes. Right? Right? Cito?

Lexi: If I'm playing center, then you just park that Cowboy Up shit right on the foul line and let me take the rest.

Millar: Don't you play right field?

Lexi: For now.

Lyle: Vernon looks good this year, dontcha think?

Lexi: Oh yeah...he looks all skinny and stuff. I'm sure he's diving for balls like Greg Louganis.

Millar: Nice one. High five.

Lyle: Seriously though, Kevin...if you need any pointers from me on your footwork at first base, I'd be...er...happy to help.

Millar: It ain't that hard to play first dude. Just run to the bag, hold up that giant trapper and catch the ball. Done and done. No worries.

Lyle: Well, sometimes you've got to start the 3-6-3 double play. That's not as easy as it looks.

Millar: Yeah, I guess you know a little somethin' about double plays.

(*Awkward silence*)

Lexi: Yo dudes...anyone wanna play with my helicopter?

8 comments:

The Ack said...

Your insistence at trying to make me love Millar leaves me confused, and worse yet, has been mildly succesful to date.

By the opener, he might even reach Lee Mazzilli status with me.

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

Millar: Yeah, I guess you know a little somethin' about double plays.

ZING!!

I just cowboy'd up.

Tao of Stieb said...

We can't even help ourselves when it comes to Millar. It's not even like we think he's funny or cool...we just like the fact that he's not vapid and bland.

He's a goof, but he's our goof. For now.

the expos said...

Epic

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh out loud.

MK Piatkowski said...

Gold. Pure gold.

Torgen said...

I almost laughed out loud, but I probably would have had to explain myself to my co-workers, and that would have been awkward.

Anonymous said...

You mean like a Marv Albert double play?