And to think that we had sweet photos of Racquel Welch, Farrah Fawcett and Heather Thomas lined up to post to celebrate the extension of the streak.
Nothing making sense: Gibby Defense League Edition
With the loss, the Jays slip to a mediocre 15 games over .500 under Cito Gaston. We've been led to believe by some dudes and their acolytes that the change in the team's fortunes can be attributed to progressing to the mean, which they would have done under John Gibbons anyhow. The same John Gibbons who was let go with the team four games under .500.
Maybe this win streak has skewed our view, but the gap between Gibbons' 35-39 record and Cito's 43-28 record is distinct enough for us to make some basic assumptions about the relative merits of their managerial skills.
Around the Horn
- Jays Blog of the Year Ghostrunner on First talks upended bandwagons and recaps last night's Wednesdays with J.P.. Also, mentions Bill Caudill.
- The Mockingbird has pretty pictures which apparently explain something about why David Purcey is awesome.
- Joanna @ Hum and Chuck talks uneasiness in the face of unexpected success, and Alex Rios' love of Vernon Wells giant cranium. Also, she is the originator of "Pink, Round, Efficient". Just putting that out there.
- Neate @ OoLF talks catchphrase thievery. Which in no way motivated us to mention Joanna's ownership of one of our favorite catchphrases.
- Go Jays Go has a photo of a hot J-Crew seventh-inning-stretching tart. Mrroawwr.
- The Drunks develop a case of Houston-Zelkovich syndrome.