Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Rock Out - Salmonblaster


Now there's a little blast from an increasingly distant past. Listening to this song makes us want to grow our hair, go out sport drinking, make out on the dance floor with some girl who hasn't yet discovered the benefits of antidepressants, and stumble home at 5 am.

Alas, a night like that may well kill us now. (And if the night didn't kill us, Mrs. Tao might.)

Dear Music Industry
Can we talk for a second? Okay, here goes: We're pretty much the last person we know who is enough of a sucker to go out and pay for music. Generally, we don't admit to as much in public, because the level of ridicule that gets heaped on us for being such a sucker is almost unbearable.

So as one of your last defenders, we have to tell you this: You've go to stop with the remastered anniversary editions of CD's. Seriously. We've already bought Ten and Check Your Head and The Bends and we're no about to shell out any more for a couple of extra songs and the enhanced sonic experience of listening to these. Master these motherfuckers right the first time, and we'll have no qualms about buying them. Once.

Perfunctory Baseball Content
How wicked is it to have the mighty Blue Jays coming home after ripping it up in their first week and a half? And to an open SkyDome! (Allegedly!)

Here are the lefty-heavy pitching matchups for the weekend series versus the A's:

Tonight, 7:07 - David "Ginger Balls" Purcey (0-1, 4.65, 15Ks/9 BBs) versus Josh Outman (0-0, 6.23 ERA, 3 Ks/ 2 BBs)

Saturday, 1:07 - The Summer of the Tallet! (0-0, 6.14 ERA, 9 Ks / 4 BBs) versus Trevor Cahill (0-1, 2.35 ERA, 4 Ks / 8 BBs)

Sunday, 1:07 - LL Cool Rick'Ro (1-0, 2.57 ERA, 7 Ks / 2 BBs), versus Dallas Braden (1-1, 3.75 ERA, 6 Ks / 2 BBs)

It's going to be a beautiful weekend, so either get your keyster down to the park, or fire up your best transistor radio, enjoy the weather and listen in to Jerry and Alan as they describe the goin's on.

6 comments:

Wendel Alomar jr. said...

As if you just put up one of my all-time favourite underappreciated songs of all time. I thought me, two if my friends, and the salmonblaster were the only ones who remembered that tune. As if this wasn't already one of my fave blogs. I think I'm tearing up a little.
Out. Standing.

confido boyd said...

Well done. Love that Salmonblaster album, was listening to it just a couple of weeks ago ripped the CD to MP3s in a bout of nostalgia.

90's Can-Rock FTW.

Tao of Stieb said...

That was a pretty prime period for CanRock. Actually, we're in a pretty wicked period now.

Darren Priest said...

Tao, too bad you're not in Toronto. You could catch the Jays AND I know a guy looking to give away an extra ticket to Neko Case.

Chris said...

Wow, I feel like I was just transported to my basement as I try to make my way to second base...I mean study with the TV on.

Also, Sunday is Lyle Overbay Bobblehead Day. Thanks to my sister snagging some free tix for me I'll be sitting 3 rows behind the A's dugout. Hmm...how can I make fun of Travis Buck? This will take a portion of my cunning. No...all of my cunning.

Anonymous said...

Semi related question

Is anyone else unable to post with that crappy new comment system at DJF?