Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Rock Out - The Godfather of Soul Edition

Somehow, we always feel like we're imposing our tastes on you kids when we drop some music into the Friday proceedings. But then when we spare you, we get a litany of comments moaning about the absence.

Seriously, people come up to us in person and say "Hey, how come there was no Friday Rock Out?" And we say: "Uh, 'cause. I guess. I dunno." While we crave your attention, respect and interest, it still kinda weirds us out that people other than friends and immediate family read the blog.

(And by the way: If you were in on the liveblog on Tuesday night, we now consider you friends and/or immediate family. So feel free to add us to your wedding invite list...and don't forget that we're crashing on your couch in a couple of weeks.)

The nominal second half of the season kicks off tonight, with a new shortstop and groovy energy. So here's a little something aspirational from James Brown to get you out of your seat and onto your feet, even if you are behind a desk in a high rise. Get up offa that thing, and shake 'till you feel better!


6 comments:

Meredith said...

Sometimes I just sit and stare at my computer, hoping someone will come along and tell me what to listen to.

Friday Rock Out is the best.

William J. Tasker said...

hehehe Meredith!

Thanks for the great song. I'm a bit of a hermit though and would prefer not to have even my mother on the couch.

Good luck the second half and hope that new shortstop works out okay.

Tao of Stieb said...

Someone came into my office as I was groovin', and I immediately muted the song and went back to working on my strategic strategery strategy plan and strategic initiatives strategy.

I'm such a desk jockey.

Good god!

Girl Drink Drunk said...

Let's hope we don't get one of those classic Jays weekends where we're amped up for a sweep of the lowly O's - but end up going 0-3.

How soon till the O's start trading Wieters, Jones and Markakis and claiming that they're "building for the future"?

Anonymous said...

http://tdotsports1.wordpress.com/2010/07/17/blue-jays-steal-yunel/

Yunel is a JAY!!

Archi said...

That's so weird, I immediately fell in love with everyone who showed up to that liveblog too.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE KEGGARRRRR